It’s been a while since we meditated in a group at Osho Nirvana Meditation Center due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Good news is that things are slowly coming back to normal in San Diego County and Ven. Lama Tenzin Sherpa has agreed to grace us with his precious time to guide us into meditation.
We at Osho Nirvana, heartily invite you to 5-Day Silent Vipassana Retreat With Lama Tenzin. It’s a unique opportunity in the San Diego area and not to be missed.This is a silent residential retreat suitable for both new and experienced seekers.
In this retreat we will learn various dimensions of Vipassana meditation that includes breathing techniques, mindful walking, body scanning and other techniques in a silent atmosphere under the guidance of Lama Tenzin. Osho Kundalini meditation and Osho discourses will add another beautiful dimension in the retreat. It will take us deeper in silence.
We will also offer prayers for the prompt end of suffering in the world due to pandemic and for healing to happen.
Safety is our top priority and we will be strictly following safety protocols.
1. We are capping the participation to only 15 residential participants who are committed to stay in the Ashram for the entire duration of the retreat.
- As per San Diego County and CDC guidelines, and for everyone’s safety , we are only inviting friends who are fully vaccinated. Please bring your original vaccination record with you. Please refer to the table below:
|Vaccine Brand||Considered Fully Vaccinated*|
|Pfizer-BioNTech||2 weeks after the second dose.|
|Moderna||2 weeks after the second dose.|
|Janssen/Johnson & Johnson*||2 weeks after the first dose.|
- Even if you are fully vaccinated and not feeling well, for safety of others please stay home.We will fully refund the participating fees or you can join through Zoom.
- We will take temperature when you arrive and have you fill up a Covid-19 acknowledgement forms
- Optional : Even if you are vaccinated and In doubt you can also perform RT PCR or Antigen test for others safety.
- You will be asked to sign a disclaimer upon registration and covid screen form upon arrival. Please refer to questionnaire in the form covidscreeningform
- For Friends who cannot join in person, we will also be offering this event online. More details to come. Join from the comfort of your home.
Dates: July 1st 7AM – July 5 3PM, 2021
The retreat begins on the morning of Thursday, July 1st followed by 5 full days of meditation, and ends in the evening of Monday July 5th.
We would recommend friends to arrive at Ashram by the evening of Wednesday, June 30th so that you can be well rested before the event starts the following morning.
*****GOOD NEWS***** Free stay if you are arriving on Wednesday 30th.
Daily Activities: Osho Kundalini Meditation | Mindful Breathing | Mindful Walking | Mindful Eating | Dharma Teaching | Osho Video Discourse
About the Teacher: The silent Vipassana Meditation Retreat will be led by Ven. Tenzin Lama Sherpa. Ordained at the age of 13, Ven. Lama is a Tibetan Buddhist Monk. He studied Tibetan Buddhism at the Namdroling Monastery in India.
Throughout his monastic life, Ven. Lama has received endless philosophical teachings, transmissions, and initiations from great lamas. Ven. Lama has taught Buddhism and led many meditation retreats in Nepal, India, Chile, Mexico, and the US.
Contribution : Single: $499 | Couples: $800 | $40 dollars per night if you want to stay extra days.The fee covers shared Accommodation, Daily Vegetarian Meals, Tea/Coffee, & snacks.
Spaces are Limited – Register here ASAP.
Venue: Osho Nirvana, 14945 Ranch Creek Ln, Valley Center, CA 92082
As with any events, here are some guidelines that will help you to get the best out of the retreat:
- Please feel free to bring any yoga mats or pillows if you have any favorites although some comfortable meditation chairs will be provided.
- Meditations involve sitting, dancing and lying down so it is suggested that you wear loose clothes.
- Since the event will be full of activities, it is suggested that you take plenty of rest before the event.
- In consideration of people with sensitivities, please kindly refrain from using strong perfumes and other similar fragrances during the retreat.
- We plan to do each session at the allocated time, so plan to be at the Meditation Hall 5-10 mins earlier than the scheduled time.
This group is held in strict discipline/Schedule. Please make note of the following rules:
- Group will be in complete silence. No cell phones, No internet, No book reading.
- Let your family/friends know that you will be out of touch for these days.
- You must be physically fit to participate and follow the schedule.
- Do not participate if you have a serious mental disorder or emotional upheaval.
- You are requested to commit to the whole process, partial participation will disturb you and others
- Consumption of alcohol, intoxicants, and smoking is not allowed.
For more details: Visit: www.oshosandiego.com | Call 760.407.6746 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Osho Nirvana is a California based 501(c)(3) Non-profit Organization.