This 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course will take place over eight Wednesday night sessions (September 11, 18, 25, October 2, 9, 16, 23 & 30) from 6:00 to 8:30pm, and a Day of Mindfulness on Sunday, October 20 from 9:00am to 4:00pm. Location: Peace House, 1305 N. Vulcan Ave Encinitas, CA 92024. Cost: 8-week course fee and materials: $475.
This highly interactive course will be taught by MBSR teacher, Anne Randerson, Ph.D., who was trained by the UCSD Center for Mindfulness and completed MBSR Teacher Training and Practicum in 2017.
Important information to consider before registering for the course:
- It is important to attend all course sessions, including the Day of Mindfulness.
- A commitment to MBSR meditation practice of at least 45 minutes daily for the duration of the course is essential. This mindfulness practice is what will enable you to completely benefit from the course.
- In addition to meditation practice, home assignments will be given for each session.
This highly participatory course includes:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Inquiry exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
- Individually tailored instruction
- Group dialogue
- Daily home assignments
- Guided audio files for home practice and a workbook
Please register or send us any questions you may have about the course at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Anne at (858) 822-9799.