This Training has been especially adapted for Online Facilitation considerations. Students will be given the tools to begin facilitating online after completion of course.
Training will be LIVE online
Join internationally acclaimed author and music therapist Christine Stevens in a weekend of rhythmic empowerment, facilitation training, and sound healing. Learn the scientific evidence of drumming for mind, body, and spirit through the principle of entrainment. Discover vibro-acoustic techniques of drum massage, rhythm mantra, global healing rhythms, and the three keys to drumming for sound healing. Practice an evidence-based protocol for groups and individuals using rhythm and silence. Find out why The Gene Keys predicts that the “rhythmic symphony” will be the next stage of human evolution in consciousness. Flutes, rattles, drums, ukuleles, singing bowls, all are welcome.
Course Outline with learning outcomes:
- Learn a one hour protocol to facilitate healing drum circles & provide individual sound healing – live OR online
- Learn keys to the art of facilitation including hand cues of dynamics, starting and stopping, and keeping the pulse
- Practice metaphors to deepen the meaning of drums for transformation and consciousness
- Identify mind-body outcomes of scientific studies on drumming and the immune system. Boost your personal immunity and raise your vibration!
- Become more confident in your own drumming ability on a variety of hand drums and world percussion
- Learn how to use zoom.us and online tools to lead sound healing drum circles
- Learn specific healing rhythms to use in live and online programs for groups and individuals.
Cost: $475 until 4/14; $500 thereafter
Receive Two Bonus Gifts from Christine:
- Drumming Up Spirit CD download – 10 audio tracks of chants and rhythms for spirituality and health.
- 12.0 minute play along track and 10-page workbook and webinar on the Science of Drumming & 50% off coupon for Christine’s online facilitation training course – 3.0 hours of training
- *Please note that you must be present in class all 3 days to receive recordings, or please make arrangements ahead of time.
Recommended reading materials – the healing drum learning program – https://ubdrumcircles.com/product/the-healing-drum-learning-program/
- 12 hrs live online training, 10am-2:30p (pst) daily
- Drum circle ~ May 20th 6-7:30pm (pst)
- Practice Pod & Reunion Call – 1.5 hrs. May 21st 10-11:30am (pst)
- Final exam ~ write and turn in a healing rhythm
- For more info, email email@example.com
“This activity has been submitted to the American Holistic Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. The American Holistic Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.”
Bio: Christine Stevens, MSW, MT-BC, MA holds master’s degrees in both social work and music therapy. She is the Sounds True author of Music Medicine, The Healing Drum Kit and The Art and Heart of Drum Circles. A practicing yogi, she is the founder of UpBeat Drum Circles based in Encinitas. Christine has appeared on NBC, PBS, KTLA, and is a featured speaker in the DVD Discover the Gift. A global troubadour, she has trained facilitators from more than twenty-five countries, led programs for Iraqi refugee women in El Cajon, and became a musical ambassador of peace. From Fortune 500 companies to survivors of disasters, from singing in a sweat lodge with the Lakota Nation, to facilitating outdoor ceremonies, Christine brings peace-making through the weaving of songs and rhythms from sacred sound traditions. She led the first drum circle training in a war-zone in northern Iraq.
- “Christine guides groups to the secret world of the rhythmic arts.” — Mickey Hart, Grammy award-winning percussionist, Grateful Dead and Global Drum Project; Author of Drumming at the Edge of Magic
- “Christine Stevens can introduce you to the magic, fun, and healing power of drumming. I recommend it.” – Dr. Andrew Weil, Author of Healthy Aging
- Christine Stevens’ work is truly brilliant. I love how she teaches drumming rhythms. The power of her work is reflected in the brightness of her spirit. — Sandra Ingerman, Author of 12 books, including The Book of Ceremony
- Christine Stevens is a magical sage of sound healing. She is a “bridger of worlds” with a deep sense of what matters most. She brings healing home for the Soul. — Dr. Sue Morter, Founder of the Morter Institute for BioEnergetics and Author of The Energy Codes
- “She is an instrument of global peace on the planet.”
- Christine’s work is anointed with the kiss of heaven’s inspiration, celebration, and joy. She is an instrument of global peace on the planet. — Michael Bernard Beckwith, Author of Spiritual Liberation and Founder of Agape International Spiritual Center
- “Each of Christine’s lessons has become a part of my life and helped me to become a musical instrument and a singer of my own song.” -Bernie Siegel, MD, author, Love, Medicine & Miracles. Prescriptions for Living.