How does our DNA express itself? In this class Dr Kulvinder Kaur shares her research on the scientific basis of the healing which has transpired from her journey in Yoga. Kulvinder synthesizes her fourteen years of deep academic training in the Genomic Sciences at the University of Oxford with her personal experience of balancing her insides with her outsides through the Yogic Sciences, to share how you can transform your DNA to live from a more balanced, joyful and loving space.
Suggested Donation: $20 All proceeds to benefit Yoga Will Change My Life Non-Profit Organization
Dr. Kulvinder Kaur’s Bio:
My career to date has been based on the development and implementation of disruptive technologies to offer novel diagnostic tools to the healthcare industry. I have experience in developing solutions for multiple clinical applications including cancer diagnostics and therapeutics; aneuploidy detection in IVF embryos; infectious disease; wound care; diagnosis of Mendelian inherited diseases; pharmacogenomics and HLA typing.
I am interesting in combining some creative thinking with my expertise in disruptive technologies, to explore what I see as the enormous potential for improving societal well-being which is offered by applying the tools of genomic medicine to support a more integrative approach to healthcare.
- Fourteen years of research at the University of Oxford, gaining Bachelors, Masters, Doctoral and Postdoctoral qualifications.
- Internationally recognized for my work at Oxford on the application of disruptive technologies in the healthcare industry. Recruited to the US Biotechnology Industry on an ‘Einstein Visa’ as an Alien of Extraordinary Abilities for this work.
- Scientific lead on the first Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) based Mendelian disease clinical diagnostic test and multi-gene cancer DNA sequencing clinical diagnostic to be launched in the UK National Health Service.
- Developed a NGS based embryo screening technique which yielded the first ever pregnancy following whole genome sequencing.
- Lead scientist in two large commercial laboratories, covering all aspects of product development, from conception to launch.
- Validated and launched two commercial cancer panels, contributing to multimillion dollar clinical diagnostic and pharmaceutical revenue goals.
- Trained and Mentored Clinical Laboratory scientists in the UK and USA, expediting the transfer of Cancer, Mendelian disease, IVF and PGx research into the clinical laboratory.